If we say ourselves, this stove is a stunning piece of contemporary design – combining the timelessly comforting appeal of a traditional British-built wood-burner with stripped down, minimalist, almost Scandinavian styling. With its “cubist” flame-box view, and highly distinctive cylindrical pillar design, this really is an exceptionally eye-catching stove, even for an ESSE. And you can choose whether you prefer the pillared legs in black, to match the stove body, or in contrasting stainless steel. In terms of performance, its footprint and energy-efficient 5kW heat output make it ideally suited to almost any living room – whether rustic or urban, as it’s approved for use in smoke control areas. To make it as easy to use as it is on the eye, our 525 model features primary and secondary air control sliders, as well as a twin position riddling grate with both wood and mineral fuel settings. It can be installed with either a top or rear flue. And there’s one other ESSE option well worth a mention: if you prefer warmth that’s instantly controllable at the touch of a button, just choose the gas version of the 525 – which can even be installed without a flue, and positioned almost anywhere.
- Steel stove body construction
- Cast iron stove door
- Pre-heated secondary airwash
- Top or rear flue outlet
- Flue pipe diameter 5″ (125mm)
- DEFRA Approved
- Efficiency: 83.5%
- Energy Rating: A
- Available with steel pillars or as an all black model if required
- Available in a number of colour options: Black, White, Grey, Ruby, Bronze, Gold
- Heat output to 5kW
- Weight 51kg
- Clearances to combustibles: 400mm sides, 450mm top, 305mm front & 400mm rear.
- Dimensions : 542(h) x 440(w) x 380(d)mm